Founded in 1996, Impulse Dynamics is a medical device company dedicated to offering innovative solutions for treatment of Chronic Heart Failure (CHF). The Company’s developments are based on its proprietary technology for administrating Cardiac Contractility Modulation (CCM) therapy. This form of treatment has been shown in clinical trials to produce an immediate and powerful modulating effect on cardiac cells, resulting in a significant increase in cardiac performance.
Impulse Dynamics is spearheaded by a team of professionals including, scientists, physicians, and engineers. The Company carries out research programs in major universities and hospitals throughout the world, and is currently engaged in clinical trials in Europe and in the United States. The Optimizer III with CCM therapy, is CE marked and is in the final stages of clinical evaluation to support FDA approval. See Clinical Sites for more information.
The Optimizer III, the Company’s first product, has been successfully launched in Europe, and has been implanted in over 800 patients with over 8 years of follow-up data available. Clinical trials have shown the device is safe, and significantly improves exercise tolerance and quality of life in treated patients.
The Company’s operations are spread throughout the globe, with corporate headquarters in the Netherlands Antilles, New York based US operations, and Germany based EU operations (Willich).
Search the Site
From our blog
- July 2012 Meet us at the European Society of Cardiology Annual Congress, Munich, August 2012
- May 2012 Cardiostim 2012 June 13-16, 2012
- April 2012 German Society of Cardiology (DGK) Congress, Mannheim
- April 2012 Not All Heart Failure Patients Benefit from CRT
- April 2012 New article published in the Int. J. of Cardiology compares LV reverse remodeling induced by CCM and CRT