Cardiac Contractility Modulation (CCM) is a unique and innovative method for treating patients with moderate-to-severe Chronic Heart Failure (CHF) that are symptomatic despite optimal medical therapy. CCM signals are unique electrical pulses delivered by the Optimizer IVs implantable device during a special period of the heart cycle (the absolute refractory period or the period just after the heart’s excitation). Research has shown that CCM signals significantly improve the heart’s contractility by modifying the function and expression of certain proteins in the heart muscle and, through that, the function of the heart. In fact, CCM is the only treatment that actually trains the heart.
Clinical trials have shown that chronic CCM treatment is safe and significantly improves exercise tolerance and quality of life in symptomatic heart failure patients with normal QRS duration.
Search the Site
- 8. – 11. April 2015 The 81th Annual Meeting of the German Society of Cardiology (DGK), Mannheim, Germany
- 23. – 26. May 2015 Heartfailure 2015
- 21. – 24. June 2015 Cardiostim
- 29. August – 2. September 2015 ESC
- 8. – 10. Oktober 2015 German Cardiology Society’s Autumn Meeting 2015, Düsseldorf